Tag: 上海419龙凤后花园

Aston Villa 0-0 Newcastle: Another clean sheet for Lambert in dull affair

first_img1 Aston Villa remain unbeaten in the Premier League so far and that’s about the only positive fans can take from this affair.The home side failed to register a shot on target in their 0-0 draw with Newcastle, but temporarily sit top the table with four points from two games.It started well at Villa Park and in a lively first 45 minutes both sides had plenty of possession.Despite the invention and endeavour, though, there were no clear cut chances with both teams reduced to long range shots.Villa’s Fabian Delph had a go from distance and a Charles N’Zogbia free-kick narrowly flew past the Newcastle post, while Remy Cabella snatched at a chance at the other end.N’Zogbia was the biggest threat as he looked to both create and score goals, while also mucking in with defensive work, too.However, Newcastle made the most encouraging start after the break and defender Daryl Janmaat could have two within the first ten minutes.First the Dutchman forced Brad Guzan into making a terrific save, as the goalie tipped his header over the bar, then his curling shot from the corner of the Villa area after cutting in from the right was inches from flying into the top corner.Mike Williamson was the next to try his luck and after ghosting in behind the Villa defence, though the Magpies’ centre half could not execute the volley and ended up kicking the air.Chances were slim going into the last 20 minutes and just as it looked like the two were settling for a draw, Magpies substitute Siem de Jong’s fierce shot produced an excellent save from Guzan, easily the chance of the half.And there was more drama to come when Williamson was sent off with a second yellow card for a foul on Delph in injury-time.For those four added minutes, Newcastle threw on defender Steven Taylor to repel Villa, who had little time to really make the extra man advantage count. Newcastle, meanwhile, are yet to score in the Premier League so far. Aston Villa 0-0 Newcastle last_img read more

Start reading Aston Villa 0-0 Newcastle: Another clean sheet for Lambert in dull affair

Cameron CWI working on model for senior players

President of Cricket West Indies (CWI) Dave Cameron says that one of the main challenges facing West Indies cricket at the moment is the non-availability of senior players but the board is working on models to address the situation.Dave CameronCameron made the disclosure during an address at a Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) luncheon for dozens of its members and the media at Kensington Oval on Friday night.The Jamaican acknowledged that one of the main challenges facing West Indies cricket was that it was tough having the best team available when most of the times some of the leading players were making the T20 leagues around the world such as the IPL and the Big Bash, their main priority.“Four of our players, and rightly so, have decided not to play for us in the ICC World Cup Qualifier, because they are making way more than we can pay them. That is the reality we are dealing with. The ICC is saying that that is a matter not for them, but a matter to be discussed in Australia, India, etc and not for world cricket.“You can understand the dilemma that we face. We are living in a small area of about five million not so rich people, and our players would like to earn at the same level as players in India, Pakistan, Australia. That is our challenge and we are facing that challenge front on, and going forward we are looking at different ways and models to ensure that our players are given the opportunity to earn the maximum while making West Indies cricket great again,” he said.CWI has been the board most crippled due to these T20 leagues around the world as many players from the different Test playing countries have been leaving leagues and going back to represent their national team. This has not been the case with the West Indies players even though the board recently improved their pay packet. CWI is expected to present many different models to the players with the hope that they buy into one. This year they will have no issue with the IPL, as it has been given a window by the ICC.Last month Cameron said that it would be difficult moving forward to incorporate – Darren Bravo, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine and Keiron Pollard – into the future of Windies cricket after they opted to miss the qualifiers in Zimbabwe, instead choosing the PSL. This remark created a level of controversy among his Board members, players (both active and retired), head of the players’ representative body (WIPA) and members of the general public from across the Caribbean region with views split as to whether he was right or wrong to express such an opinion as head of the organisation. (Trinidad Guardian)  Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedCameron, Holder optimistic about future of Windies cricketFebruary 27, 2019In “latest news”ICC turns down April meeting, says Cameron must be presentMarch 28, 2018In “latest news”Will David Cameron’s six-year reign over West Indies cricket end soon?March 8, 2019In “latest news” read more

Start reading Cameron CWI working on model for senior players

Dandenong Greek Community Hall receives new funding

first_img Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagram Dandenong’s Greek Community will receive $150,000 from the Andrews Labor Government’s Multicultural Community Infrastructure Fund for a major upgrade to the Dandenong Greek Community Hall, which is in desperate need of restoration.The announcement was made by Member for Dandenong, Gabrielle Williams on Thursday.“By working together with local multicultural communities, we can build a Dandenong where everyone belongs, feels accepted and can freely participate and contribute,” she said.“On behalf of the Dandenong Greek Community we wish to thank the Andrews Labor Government and our Member for Dandenong Gabrielle Williams for their amazing support and most generous grant,” said Steve Karamoschos, President of the Greek Orthodox Community of Dandenong & Districts.“The grant will enable us to upgrade our Community hall, provide better access to our members and the Greater Dandenong community.”last_img read more

Start reading Dandenong Greek Community Hall receives new funding

Salah can beat Ronaldo Messi for Ballon dOr – Muller

Salah can beat Ronaldo Messi for Ballon dOr – Muller

first_imgMohamed Salah can beat both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi for the Ballon d’Or, says Thomas MullerGiven his scintillating form this season at Liverpool, the Egyptian forward has found himself being compared to even Ronaldo and Messi who both have a combined total of 10 Ballon d’Ors and 1,125 goals between them.While some people remain sceptical over Salah’s chances of ending the duo’s decade-long dominance of the highly-coveted individual award, Muller believes that it could very well happen pending the outcome of Saturday’s Champions League final.“I think that Mo Salah was very impressive,” he told Daily Mirror.rb leipzig, bayern munichReport: Bayern are held by Leipzig George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Bayern Munich was held to another draw, this time by RB Leipzig.Bayern Munich finds themselves in the unfamiliar position of sitting third in the…“Maybe if Liverpool can win the Champions League title, he’s a big candidate.“The whole world is looking for a new Ballon d’Or winner. Leo Messi and Ronaldo are outstanding, but the performance of Salah this season was also outstanding. I think he has a great chance.”Heading into Saturday’s highly anticipated final, Salah has now scored an incredible 44 goals in all competitions for Liverpool.last_img read more

Start reading Salah can beat Ronaldo Messi for Ballon dOr – Muller

Miniearthquake swarm continues near Mount St Helens

first_imgThree earthquakes rattled an area northwest of Mount St. Helens on Friday, continuing what geologists say is a mini-swarm of earthquakes not related to the nearby volcano.The latest quakes, on Friday, were a 3.7-magnitude quake at 2:38 p.m. Friday, followed by a 3.4 at 6:08 and a 3.1 at 6:12 p.m., according to the U.S. Geological Survey.A report from the USGS on Friday said the quakes have been centered about 13 miles northwest of Mount St. Helens at a depth of about 8 miles. They were described as tectonic in origin and not directly related to the volcano.The report said such earthquakes are common in areas around Mount St. Helens and Mount Hood. It said another mini-swarm of earthquakes also occurred about six miles southwest of Mount Hood.Volcano-related seismic activity at the two volcanoes themselves were at normal background levels, the USGS said.last_img read more

Start reading Miniearthquake swarm continues near Mount St Helens