Tag: 上海 自带工作室女

Supreme Court bans cable TV

first_imgNews June 2, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information Afghanistan : “No just and lasting peace in Afghanistan without guarantees for press freedom” AfghanistanAsia – Pacific News Receive email alerts AfghanistanAsia – Pacific Follow the news on Afghanistan News RSF asks International Criminal Court to investigate murders of journalists in Afghanistancenter_img News Situation getting more critical for Afghan women journalists, report says Organisation March 11, 2021 Find out more May 3, 2021 Find out more to go further 01.29.2003Special enquiry set upA week after the supreme court banned cable TV, President Hamid Karzai set up a special commission on 27 January to investigate the cable programmes available in the country. Four ministers were given the job of determining whether all the stations relayed by the Afghan cable companies, including major networks such as CNN and the BBC, were against the moral values of an Islamic society. Karzai gave no deadline for the enquiry and did not say whether the cable companies could resume operations until the enquiry reported back————————————-01.21.2003Reporters Without Borders (Reporters sans frontières) said today it was very worried about obstruction of free media growth in the wake of the Supreme Court’s 19 January outlawing of cable television in Kabul after complaints that some programmes were “anti-Islamic.” Last month, the court banned the only cable operator in the eastern city of Jalalabad.The organisation called on information and culture minister Sayeed Makhdoom Raheen to see that the cable broadcasting licences issued by the government of President Hamid Karzai were respected. It said it was “shocked” that an Afghan court was using the same arguments as the fallen Taliban regime to deprive Afghans of entertainment and news programmes.Chief Justice Mawlazi Fazl Hadi Shinwari said he had acted for religious reasons. People had complained about “half-naked singers and obscene episodes in movies,” he said. “We are Afghans and Muslims, with Islamic laws and values. We had to issue this order. Now the government must enforce it,” he said.Police shut down five cable TV operators in Kabul on 19 January, but the information minister publicly opposed their action, saying only his ministry had the authority to do this. “Our policy towards cable TV is one of freedom but they must also obey the new media law,” he said. “Of course, stations that are anti-Islamic or against Afghan traditions will be forbidden.”The five cable operators called the ban “unjust.” Said Mostafa, head of Star Cable Network, said government officials had asked him to shut down until clear rules were drawn up about the content of programmes.Cable TV appeared in Kabul in late 2001 after the fall of the Taliban, who had banned television as being against Islam teachings. The stations, which broadcast news, music, sport and films, have quickly become very popular. RSF_en January 29, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Supreme Court bans cable TVlast_img read more

Start reading Supreme Court bans cable TV

Video shows moment Austin bomber detonates car bomb as SWAT team closes in

first_imgTexas Department of Public Safety (AUSTIN, Texas) — Newly released video shows Mark Anthony Conditt, the Texas man who terrorized the city of Austin for weeks in March, detonating an explosive device as SWAT vehicles surrounded him on a highway.The video, from March 21, was released by the Texas Department of Safety.Conditt, 23, can be seeing weaving his truck through the streets of Round Rock, Texas, attempting to avoid the several SWAT vehicles pursuing him.As Conditt pulls out of a parking space, the DPS helicopter pilots radio his movements to their colleagues on the ground.“Air to ground, he’s on the move,” one pilot says.Once Conditt nears Interstate 35, he is boxed in by two white SWAT vans and stops after he is rammed from behind.As SWAT teams begin to surround him, an explosion takes place within the truck.One SWAT officer who was within feet of the truck was blown back from the blast.The video was made public during a meeting of Texas DPS commissioners, ABC Austin affiliate KVUE reported.The 19-day bombing scare ultimately killed two people and injured four.Three packages were detonated at residences in Austin, while another explosive was triggered by a tripwire and a fifth went off at a FedEx distribution center about 65 miles southwest of Austin, according to authorities. A sixth package was found intact at a different FedEx center, and the seventh exploded in Conditt’s car with him inside.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Start reading Video shows moment Austin bomber detonates car bomb as SWAT team closes in

United States Issues Sanctions on Guatemalan Drug Lord’s Children and Companies

first_imgBy Dialogo November 19, 2012 It’s obvious that it’s okay they do that to them. Children shouldn’t be mistreated On November 14, the U.S. Treasury Department announced sanctions on alleged drug lord Waldemar Lorenzada Lima’s two children and eight companies because he is considered the link between Colombian mafias and Mexico’s Sinaloa cartel. Ovaldino Lorenzana, 44, and Marta Julia Lorenzana, 36, were officially charged as drug dealers, for which all their assets in the United States may be seized. American nationals cannot do business with them or their enterprises without facing criminal charges. Waldemar Lorenzana Lima, age 72, aka “El Patriarca,” is under arrest in Guatemala with his son Eliu Elixander, both awaiting extradition to the United States, confirmed the Guatemalan justice last August. The Lorenzana family comes from Zacapa, east of Guatemala, where they have established a wide network of companies and personnel to manage Colombian cocaine before sending it to the United States. last_img read more

Start reading United States Issues Sanctions on Guatemalan Drug Lord’s Children and Companies

Ewan rockets to Tour de France bunch sprint victory

first_imgAfter a rampaging climax to Sunday’s race provided by Alaphilippe, this stage was a more leisurely run through a national park located between the Mediterranean and the foot of the Alps, winding through oak and pine-forested hills.With around a third of the peloton nursing grazes and bumps from that bruising first stage, and with Sunday’s speedy stage in their legs, the teams took it slowly before the Tour was treated to its first real sprint.”Today was one of the few real sprint opportunities, so we weren’t going to give that up,” Ewan said after stepping from the podium.Superstar sprinter Peter Sagan was again in the mix and gleaned enough points from his fifth position to take the green jersey he has won a record seven times. Ewan, known as the ‘Pocket Rocket’ and standing 1.65 meters, bided his time and overtook Bennett right on the line.The timely win gave Lotto a double boost after the team was reduced from eight to six riders on stage one when Philippe Gilbert broke a knee while John Degenkolb was thrown off the race for missing the time cut after a nasty fall.”It worked perfectly to plan, I had to move just at the right moment. It was disappointing to lose two riders on day one, but everyone has pulled together and we’ve done quite well,” Ewan said.”The world is watching and everyone would like to be here at this, it’s the biggest race in the world and I’m delighted.” Sweet moments for Alaphilippe Despite the Covid-19 resurgence in France, the roadsides in this pastoral part of France were packed with fans on Tuesday.Schoolchildren were out in force chasing the sweets and goodies thrown from the publicity caravan, which is about 70 percent smaller this year, and many were cheering home hero Alaphilippe.”Winning yesterday really relaxed me,” said Alaphilippe. “It’s a great honor to wear the jersey and I’ll be defending it day by day.”Tuesday’s stage features a summit finish and a tricky hill-laden route from Sisteron to Orcieres where Alaphilippe faces a real fight from British rider Adam Yates for the overall lead. Just four seconds separate the two.”I know it’ll be interesting with Adam Yates tomorrow,” said Alaphilippe, who now surpasses former winner Geraint Thomas in days wearing the yellow jersey.”It’s a difficult stage, I hear. I haven’t really studied it yet, but we’ll keep an eye on him [Yates],” Alaphilippe added.Yates, who has signed a deal to switch to Ineos, came fourth in the 2016 Tour de France where he also won the white jersey for the best under-25 rider.Frenchman Anthony Lopez broke a shoulder in a collision with a Cofidis team car that is being investigated, but amazingly, given how many falls there have been each day, he was just the fourth of the original field of 176 to leave the Tour so far. Australian rider Caleb Ewan produced an irresistible late burst of speed to pip a stunned Sam Bennett of Ireland on the finish line of stage three of the Tour de France on Monday.France’s Julian Alaphilippe retained the leader’s yellow jersey after the 198-kilometre stage from the Nice football stadium to the hilltop town of Sisteron in Provence.Ewan, 26, won three stages on the 2019 Tour but started this edition on his backside after a fall on the crash-strewn opening stage. Topics :last_img read more

Start reading Ewan rockets to Tour de France bunch sprint victory

Elevator in East Java university hospital construction site falls, killing four

first_imgAn elevator at a construction site behind Malang Islamic University (Unisma) Hospital in East Java has fallen from the fourth floor, killing four out of the 11 construction workers inside.The incident occurred on Tuesday at 12.30 p.m. local time at the site, built to expand the Islamic hospital, which is located in Dinoyo subdistrict, Lowokwaru district, Malang.Budi Santoso, the hospital’s security coordinator, said he had heard a loud noise coming from the construction site when he was at the building that day. “There were 11 victims in the accident; we evacuated six people with injuries, four that were killed and one who survived [without any injuries],” Budi said on Tuesday as quoted by tribunnews.com. Malang Police criminal investigation division head Adj. Comr. Azi Pratas Gusiptu confirmed the incident.He added that officers were still investigating the cause of the fall.“We still don’t know if it was caused by human error or other reasons, but we will question some of the witnesses, including the project supervisor,” Azi said on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com. (mfp)Topics :last_img read more

Start reading Elevator in East Java university hospital construction site falls, killing four

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang matches Thierry Henry Arsenal record with Leicester goal

first_imgAdvertisement Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 8 Jul 2020 7:47 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link210Shares Thierry Henry was unstoppable for years at Arsenal (Picture: Getty Images)The Frenchman finished his Gunners career with 174 Premier League goals in 254 games and 226 goals in all competitions.Ian Wright, somewhat surprisingly, didn’t manage the feat despite scoring 128 Premier League goals in 221 appearances.Wright managed 20+ on three occasions, but never consecutively.Robin van Persie, Arsenal’s third most prolific striker of the Premier League years, only scored over 20 goals in a season once, although this saw him come close to the achievement, netting 18 in 2010/11 and then 30 the following season.Aubameyang’s Arsenal contract expires next year and talks are ongoing over an extension, which the club are keen for their captain to sign.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityWith Vardy being the other goalscorer on Tuesday night at 33-years-old, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta was asked if Aubameyang could still be scoring goals in two years and he was unequivocal.‘Absolutely,’ said the Spaniard. ‘I would like to see where Leicester were today without Vardy in the last three years.‘So I think it is a really good example to consider at least. And, as well, considering both players they are always available.‘They are players that are so resilient and they are able to play 50, 55 games every year and they have been scoring in a consistent way. That’s why I don’t doubt Auba.’MORE: Mikel Arteta reacts to rumours Arsenal have done U-turn over William Saliba’s participation in the Coupe de France finalMORE: Mikel Arteta reveals what Eddie Nkteiah told Arsenal teammates in dressing room after red cardFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored his 20th Premier League goal of the season on Tuesday night (Picture: Getty Images)Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang wrote his name into the Arsenal record books when he opened the scoring for the Gunners against Leicester on Tuesday night.The 31-year-old scored after 21 minutes at the Emirates, a goal which was later cancelled out by Jamie Vardy as the match ended 1-1.However, it was a significant strike for Aubameyang as it was his 20th Premier League goal of the season.This means that he is now only the second Arsenal player, after Thierry Henry, to score 20 or more Premier League goals in consecutive seasons.ADVERTISEMENTThe Gabonese striker arrived in January 2018 and scored 10 in his first 13 games. Last season he netted 22 league goals and is already on 20 with four games to play in this campaign.AdvertisementAdvertisementHis two goals against Norwich last week already made him the quickest Arsenal player to ever get to 50 Premier League goals and his tally now stands at 52 in 81 games.Henry, who is Arsenal’s all-time top goalscorer, scored 20+ goals in five consecutive seasons from 2001-06, peaking in 2003-04 when he netted 30 times. Advertisement Comment Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang matches Thierry Henry Arsenal record with Leicester goallast_img read more

Start reading Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang matches Thierry Henry Arsenal record with Leicester goal

South African side Baroka parts ways with Massa, Aucho

first_imgUganda Cranes captain Geoffrey Massa and midfielder Khalid Aucho will start the new year looking for new clubs.Reports from South Africa indicate that their PSL side Baroka FC have parted ways with the Ugandans just back from the Nations Cup.They have not reported back three weeks after the tournament ended, which confirms earlier reports of a separation, that had been denied. The club is struggling at the bottom of the South African football league and looks destined to be relegated. The Cranes team at AFCON 2017:Goalkeepers: Salim Magoola Jamal (Al Merrikh/SUD),  Robert Odongkara (Saint George/ETH), Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns/RSA)Defenders: Timothy Awany, Joseph Ochaya (both KCCA), Shafiq Batambuze (Tusker/KEN), Denis Iguma (Al Ahed/LIB), Isaac Isinde (clubless), Murushid Juuko (Simba/TAN), Nicholas Wadada (Vipers)Midfielders: Khalid Aucho (Baroka/RSA), Mike Azira (Colorado Rapids/USA), Geoffrey Kizito (Than Quang Ninh/VIE), William Kizito (Rio Ave/POR), Tony Mawejje (Thotur/ISL), Hassan Wasswa (Vipers), Moses Oloya (Hanoi T and T/VIE), Godfrey Walusimbi (Gor Mahia/KEN)Strikers: Geoffrey Massa (Baroka/RSA), Faruku Miya (Standard Liege/BEL), Yunus Sentamu (Ilves/FIN), Geofrey Sserunkuma (KCCA), Muhammed Shaban (Onduparaka).Share on: WhatsApp The club’s owner Khurishi Mphahlele revealed they have released the pair in an interview. “We have parted ways with those two players and it was a mutual separation. They now have their clearances and are free,” Mphahlele told kickoff.com.last_img read more

Start reading South African side Baroka parts ways with Massa, Aucho

PING women’s tournament marks its 10th anniversary

first_img It will be celebration time next week when the PING women’s fourball betterball tournament marks its 10th anniversary.The Plate and Grand Finals take place on Monday and Tuesday, September 7 and 8 respectively, at PING’s own Gainsborough Golf Club in Lincolnshire. Each day, 50 pairs will compete for the titles, continuing a success story which began in 2006.The tournament, which is run by England Golf, was an instant hit when it was launched and thousands of players from 800 clubs grabbed an opportunity to play an unusual format for women.Over the past decade the tournament has become one of the highlights of the calendar and became so popular that the Plate Final was added to the Grand Final in 2009.This year, 846 clubs took part by running qualifying rounds and the 50 pairs who reached the Grand Final mostly scored 44 points or better, with just four claiming their place with 43 points. The remaining 37 clubs with 43 points and 13 clubs with 42 points successfully qualified for the Plate Final. The ballots for both finals were decided on countback.The tournament is an event which combines competition with friendship and club spirit. Most finalists arrive in their club colours and pairings have featured mothers and daughters, in-laws, sisters, twins – and a pair whose surnames were Duck and Mallard.There’s been players as young as 12, as well as competitors at the other end of the age spectrum. One pair brought their own fan club –an entourage of nine supporters from their proud club, bearing a large, home-made banner.The players represent all abilities, with high handicappers and low, internationals and very new golfers, county players and former professionals. One finalist played when she was 37-weeks pregnant and, twice, competitors were so determined to take part that they played solo when injury or illness forced their partners to call off.Finalists have also faced some interesting hazards, such as the time when a deer chewed a competitor’s ball!The rewards for reaching one of the finals include a fabulous goodie bag, great prizes and a lovely lunch. The most-common word at registration is ‘Wow!’ and when one competitor signed in for last year’s Grand Final she asked the organiser: “Can I kiss you now? It’s Christmas come early!”Click here for championship webpageCaption: 2014 Grand Final winners Sheila Mcdonald (left) and Pam Wiseley (Image © Leaderboard Photography)PAST WINNERSGRAND FINAL2014  Pam Wiseley & Sheila Mcdonald – Houldsworth, Cheshire2013  Denise Page & Sarah Dawson – Willow Valley, Yorkshire2012  Rita Towler & Dorothy Scholes – Harwood, Lancashire2011  Laura Harrison & Abbie Spence – Hobson, Co Durham2010  Cath Rawthore & Hilary Tarleton – Sale, Cheshire2009  Sue Elliott & Rachael Thomas – Henbury, Gloucestershire2008  Bridget Moore & Jenny Readman-  Meon Valley, Hampshire2007  Cynthia Hollingsworth & Megan Ball – Colne Valley, Essex2006  Shirley Kay & Jenny Knight – Matlock, DerbyshirePLATE FINAL2014  Sian Mansey & Carol Simpson – Horsley Lodge, Derbyshire2013  Karen Hughes & Elaine Ducker  – Cottingham, Yorkshire2012  Ros Ford & Sarah Gotts – Cretingham, Suffolk2011  Philippa Mason & Samantha Reagan – Shooters Hill, Kent2010  Ruth Coleby & Linda Young – Penrith, Cumbria2009  Lilias Adamson & Sue Pearson – Ely City, Cambridgeshire 2 Sep 2015 PING women’s tournament marks its 10th anniversary last_img read more

Start reading PING women’s tournament marks its 10th anniversary