Tag: 上海夜网OJ

Spain’s Iberdrola moving forward with $2.7 billion, 496MW wind farm off the French coast

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Recharge:Spain’s Iberdrola has taken a final investment decision to develop the long-awaited €2.4bn ($2.72bn) Saint-Brieuc wind farm after acquiring 100% ownership of Ailes Marines – the company developing, constructing and operating the project off the French coast.The move comes after the French ministry of economy granted Iberdrola, which previously owned 70% of the consortium’s capital, the go-ahead to acquire the remaining 30% from its two partners, developer RES and finance group Caisse des Depots et Consignations.“The Saint-Brieuc project is now ready to get started on construction. All agreements are in place, the funding is secured, and contracts are signed,” said Jonathan Cole, Iberdrola’s global managing director for offshore wind, who told Recharge the 496MW wind farm will begin operations in 2023.Located around 16km off the coast of Brittany, the wind farm will be equipped with 62 Siemens Gamesa 8MW turbines, installed in a 75 square km area. Siemens Gamesa signed agreements last December to build a new turbine and blades factory on a 36-hectare site in the port of Le Havre. The facility, scheduled to start construction in mid-2020 with commissioning at the end of 2021, will be used to supply the Saint-Brieuc, Dieppe-Le Treport, and Yeu-Noirmoutier offshore wind projects.Offshore construction work is scheduled to begin with the installation of foundation piles in 2021, and to be completed in 2023 with turbines installation and the project being made fully operational.[Christopher Hopson]More: Iberdrola to build $2.7bn Saint-Brieuc offshore wind farm in France after taking full control Spain’s Iberdrola moving forward with $2.7 billion, 496MW wind farm off the French coastlast_img read more

Start reading Spain’s Iberdrola moving forward with $2.7 billion, 496MW wind farm off the French coast