Tag: 上海夜网LV

2 Suffolk Men Killed in Holbrook Crash

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A single-car crash in Holbrook early Saturday morning claimed the lives of two Suffolk County men, authorities said. Suffolk County police said 30-year-old Jankel Lenin Nolasco Lemus of Brentwood was driving a 2005 Honda eastbound on Union Avenue at 3:45 a.m. when the vehicle left the roadway and slammed into a pole near Maple Avenue. Lemus was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. His passenger, 24-year-old Denis Humberto Delcid Cerrato of Ronkonkoma, was transported to Stony Brook University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said. Investigators believe speed and weather conditions were contributing factors in the crash, police said. Police impounded the car for a safety check. The crash is still under investigation. Detectives ask anyone with information on the crash to call the Sixth Squad at 631-854-8652.last_img read more

Start reading 2 Suffolk Men Killed in Holbrook Crash

Five players sign letters of intent to play for Syracuse next season

first_imgFive players signed their National Letters of Intent to play for Syracuse next season, SU Athletics announced in a press release.Top prospects Tyler Ennis, B.J. Johnson, Chinonso Ohokoh, Ron Patterson and Tyler Roberson make up the Orange’s class of 2013. ESPN.com rated the group as the seventh best class in the nation, while Rivals and Scout.com both ranked it at 22nd.Ennis, a 6-foot-2 guard from St. Benedict’s Prep in New Jersey, averaged 14.6 points and 7.1 assists last season. Scout.com rated him as a five-star recruit, and also ranked him as the fourth-best point guard in the Class of 2013. Rivals gave him four stars and rated him at as the 24th best prospect overall and fourth best point guard in the class.Johnson is a 6-foot-7 forward from Lower Merion High School in Pennsylvania. Scout.com gave him three stars and ranked him and rated him 30th at his position.Obokoh is from Bishop Kearney High School in Rochester. The 6-foot-10 forward averaged 14.8 points per game and 9.8 rebounds per game last season. Scout ranked him as the 27th center in the Class of 2013 and gave him three stars.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textPatterson is a 6-foot-3 shooting guard from Brewster Academy. He attended Broad Ripple High School in Indiana, where he averaged 18.5 points and six rebounds per game last season. He had been a member of the Class of 2012, and Scout ranked him at 25th among shooing guards in that class.Patterson had committed to Indiana, but was reportedly denied from the school because of an academic issue.Roberson is a 6-foot-7 forward from Roselle Catholic High School in New Jersey. Scout ranked him at No. 14 among power forwards in his class, and rated him as a four-star prospect. He attended the 2012 LeBron James Skills Academy and played in the Reebok Breakout Challenge all-star game.Roberson announced his decision to attend Syracuse last Friday on ESPNU’s Signing Day Special. He chose Syracuse over Villanova and Kansas. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on November 21, 2012 at 7:01 pm Contact Chris: [email protected] | @chris_isemanlast_img read more

Start reading Five players sign letters of intent to play for Syracuse next season

Celtics legend Paul Pierce defends Al Horford’s decision to explore other opportunities in free agency

first_imgHorford, 33, is coming off a season in which he averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds while shooting 53.5% from the floor and 36 percent from 3-point range. He helped the Celtics to a 49-33 record, but they were eliminated from the playoffs early by the Bucks in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Star Kyrie Irving will also be a free agent this summer and it’s been reported that his chances of re-singing with the Celtics are low. Al Horford has the support of at least one former Celtic as Paul Pierce defended Horford’s decision to explore other opportunities outside of Boston. “A lot of these guys when they get in their late 20’s or early 30’s and they know there’s light at the end of the tunnel, they try to maximize their dollars,” Pierce told MassLive.com. “So if there’s an opportunity for Al Horford to get more money, I’m sure that’s something you have to look into.” Horford initially declined his $30.1 million player option with the hopes of working out a new three-year deal with Boston in July, ESPN reported Tuesday.However, it was later reported that though the two sides discussed contract scenarios the gap was too large for the Celtics and Horford to reach an agreement. Instead, he wants to find a three- or four-year deal from a different team. “It’s something that I haven’t even stopped to think about,” Horford said about free agency last month (via MassLive.com). “I’ve enjoyed being here in Boston. Just have to wait and see what we’re going to do as a team. And it’s steps that the management is going to do moving forward and continue to get better.” Lakers free agency rumors: L.A. interested in adding Brook Lopez, DeAndre Jordan, Nikola Vucevic Pierce also explained that Horford may want to move on from Boston because the Celtics haven’t won a title during his three seasons with the team.”It might have been different if they won a championship with him here, but they didn’t win a championship and now he’s at the point where this is his last big contract,” Pierce said. “You gotta understand the player is always going to do what’s best for them and their family.” Related Newslast_img read more

Start reading Celtics legend Paul Pierce defends Al Horford’s decision to explore other opportunities in free agency

Malaysia bans travel to North Korea, football match postponed

first_imgCarpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award The Asian Football Confederation said in a statement it will have to decide on the future status of the match.Malaysia’s foreign ministry cited North Korea’s missile tests and related developments as the reasons for the travel ban and said it would last until further notice.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogNorth Korea has been targeted in recent months by stricter sanctions and increasing diplomatic pressure, with Kuwait and Mexico expelling its envoys in recent weeks. Since July, North Korea has launched its first intercontinental ballistic missiles, has flown midrange missiles over Japan into the Pacific and has detonated its sixth nuclear test.Malaysia is one of its few remaining diplomatic partners in the world, even though tensions escalated after the North Korean leader’s estranged half brother was killed at the Kuala Lumpur airport in February. Both countries imposed travel bans on the other’s citizens that were lifted after a deal was reached in March. Two women from Vietnam and Indonesia have been charged in the murder, widely believed to have been orchestrated by North Korea.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next How to help the Taal evacuees St. Benilde, San Beda sweep their way to NCAA table tennis titles Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson In ‘Jojo Rabbit,’ Comedy and Drama Collide Mos Burger to open in Manila; teases with a pop-up View commentscenter_img Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ LATEST STORIES In this March 9, 2017, file photo, the North Korean flag is seen behind razor wire on top of a wall at the North Korean Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Malaysia has banned its citizens from traveling to North Korea as the country faces increasing diplomatic pressure over its weapons programs. The foreign ministry announced the ban in a statement Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017, and said it would last until further notice. (AP Photo/Vincent Thian, File)KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Malaysia on Thursday banned its citizens from traveling to North Korea as the country faces increasing diplomatic pressure over its weapons programs.The travel ban prompted the region’s football governing body to postpone for the third time an Asian Cup qualifier match between Malaysia and North Korea scheduled for Oct. 5 in Pyongyang. The match has already been delayed twice due to security issues.ADVERTISEMENT OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours MOST READ DAY6 is for everybodylast_img read more

Start reading Malaysia bans travel to North Korea, football match postponed

Mystery investigation in Wainfleet

Police will be back at a rural home in Wainfleet today, but why they’re there remains a mystery.Forensics officers from Toronto and Niagara have been at a residence on O’Reilly’s Road for the past two days.They have removed many items from the home and loaded them into a forensics van.  But police won’t say what their investigation is all about.CHCH News has been told that homicide investigators have also been to the house, but there has been no official confirmation.Neighbours say two men moved into the home just a short while ago.Police are expected to release some details of their investigation later today.

Start reading Mystery investigation in Wainfleet