Tag: 上海夜网KT

Rodgers: More to come from Coutinho

first_img “His game is about making and creating the goals, but as he gets more experienced he will understand better and there will be other players to make those final passes and that will allow him to penetrate further forward,” Rodgers added. “He has a wonderful strike on him, so it will be about arriving into areas where he can make movements without the ball. “There are areas to improve in the accuracy on his shooting; he has a wonderful move to work the space but at times you see him dragging the shot. “At the minute I don’t have too many complaints about him as he’s pressing the game really well, he is being aggressive in hunting the ball and his two assists at the weekend were sublime. “Hopefully in years to come the goals will come more readily for him.” Coutinho could find himself rested for Wednesday’s FA Cup fourth-round replay at Sky Bet Championship side Bolton as Rodgers is conscious not to burn out one of his brightest attacking talents. Liverpool have played virtually twice a week since Christmas, with their involvement in the Capital One Cup two-legged semi-final defeat to Chelsea, and there will be no let-up with European football returning this month with a home and away tie against Besiktas in the Europa League. While he did not bolster his squad in the transfer window, Rodgers is confident there is enough depth to see them through to a strong finish to the season. “I think we played 42 games last year and we’ve played 39 up to now,” he said. “The idea (in the summer) was to bring in a squad which could cope with that. “Of course there is a lot of development to take place with those players, but we brought them in because we want to be in competitions until late on and challenging for league titles, and for that you need to have a good squad. “It was a difficult start to the season for other teams with full squads playing well, but for us we needed to find our identity again and we’ve got that and I think our best football is ahead of us. “After that (Chelsea) game there was maybe a feeling as to whether it would provoke a negative reaction to our season, but it has only prompted our momentum. “It has given us great encouragement.” Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers thinks Philippe Coutinho has all the attributes to become a playmaker similar to Real Madrid duo Luka Modric and Toni Kroos. “If you look at that type of player he is, you look at Modric,” the Reds boss said. “He doesn’t have a big goalscoring record, but he is a world-class player, a continuity player. “He can make passes and put the ball in behind and he gets the odd goal from outside the box. “He is a top-class player who can create the game who is so important in opening up doors for the team. “Toni Kroos is another of that type; a wonderful footballer and great passer. “They maybe don’t get as many goals for what their technique is, but their role is to sit behind the ball and create goals for others. “Their role is not to score 20 a season. Phil’s numbers will improve, but it is not the be all and end all if he doesn’t get 20 a season.” Rodgers believes Coutinho’s threat in the final third will increase with experience, but he is now starting to take a greater responsibility in the team’s attacking endeavours. Over the last couple of months the Brazil international, who signed a new long-term contract on Tuesday until the summer of 2020, has enjoyed arguably his best spell since arriving in the 2013 January transfer window. And, while the one area he has struggled in is on the goal front – the 22-year-old has two goals and four assists this season – Rodgers is not concerned if he develops into a player like either of those currently running the midfield of the reigning European champions. Press Associationlast_img read more

Start reading Rodgers: More to come from Coutinho

Council picks interim administrator

first_imgSiccama said the staff had performed a “regional effort” in its search for Torres’s replacement and that both candidates were from outside of Montebello. Originally, four candidates had applied for the spot, but in a special meeting Friday the council cut that number down to two, Siccama said. As with Bagwell, Siccama said he liked the candidate’s “management style,” among other things. “\ did a lot of things for the cities he was in as far as budgeting their finances and so forth,” Siccama said. “He’s very personable and has the educational background we want. I think he’ll be able to do things necessary to get things moving in the right direction.” Siccama said the candidate has a master’s degree in public administration and has taught management at the college level. Meanwhile, city staff are preparing to send out a request for proposal for a permanent city administrator in the “near future,” he said. [email protected] (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3029 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The council had fired Torres after 18 years on the job in order to bring “fresh blood” into the city and to “move in a different direction.” Councilman Bob Bagwell said he was happy with the interim candidate’s credentials and hoped he would be at City Hall and working by Monday. He joined Mayor Norma Lopez- Reid and Councilman Jeff Siccama in the three-vote majority in favor of the choice made for the position. Councilwoman Rosie Vasquez and Mayor Pro Tem Bill Molinari voted against the choice, but could not be reached for comment Wednesday. “We are satisfied with what \ has accomplished,” Bagwell said. “He comes with a good resume and has been a city administrator before. I happen to think his management approach is very good and one I completely agree with.” MONTEBELLO – The Montebello City Council has picked an interim city administrator to replace Richard Torres, who was fired two weeks ago, officials said. In a special closed-session meeting Tuesday, the Council interviewed two candidates before voting 3-2 to hire one of them, said City Attorney Arnoldo Beltran. However, city officials declined to identify the individual, saying they were still working out the details of his contract, which they said would be ready by Wednesday’s regular meeting. The candidate had requested anonymity until the contract was finalized. last_img read more

Start reading Council picks interim administrator