Tag: 上海夜网EQ

The Latest: Cuba puts sports on hold until at least April 30

first_imgThe Latest: Cuba puts sports on hold until at least April 30 More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 Associated Press There are no known MLB players who have tested positive for coronavirus. Two minor league players with the Yankees have tested positive.___2:15 p.m.All men’s and women’s professional tennis tournaments through June 7 are being called off because of the new coronavirus pandemic.The ATP and WTA announced Wednesday that the entire clay-court circuit “will not be held as scheduled” — a day after the start of the French Open, also played on that surface, was postponed from May to September. ___2:05 p.m.Another Atlanta sports star is following the lead of Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman says he’ll match Ryan’s donation of $50,000 to the Atlanta Community Food Bank, which distributes food to the needy, and $50,000 to the Giving Kitchen, which aides food service workers who are financially hit by the coronavirus outbreak.In addition, Freeman says he’ll donate another $25,000 to the Salvation Army. ___4:55 p.m.The 24 Hours Le Mans endurance race has been postponed for three months because of the coronavirus outbreak and will now run from Sept. 19-20.The race was initially set for June 13-14.The new date will also impact other races on the World Endurance Championship’s calendar. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the coronavirus pandemic’s effect on sports around the world (all times local):3:30 p.m.Cuba has joined countries around the world in suspending its sports calendar due to the new coronavirus pandemic. The Austrian soccer league is making plans to extend its suspension until May and take advantage of UEFA’s decision to postpone the European Championship.The Austrian Bundesliga says its clubs agreed they could restart in early May and play until the end of June.The league says “should the situation in general ease and make a resumption of play possible, the clubs will immediately consult about concrete start dates and draw up an alternative schedule.”UEFA moved the European Championship to 2021, freeing up space for European leagues to finish seasons disrupted by the coronavirus outbreak before many players’ contracts expire on June 30.___ Infantino’s offer for FIFA to donate $10 million to the World Health Organization was approved.Soccer’s stalled season could be delayed beyond its traditional June 30 finish so FIFA will look to amend or have temporary rules relating to player contracts and trading windows.___12:36 p.m.Southeastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey hasn’t ruled out the prospect of holding some spring football practices, but he’s not all that optimistic. Ticket holders can either receive a credit that will apply to the same level of admission for next year or receive a full refund.___2:25 p.m.An Arizona-based employee of the Cincinnati Reds has tested positive for the new coronavirus.The employee worked inside the team’s spring training complex in Goodyear, Arizona, from Feb. 29 to March 14. The team said in a statement it was sending a precautionary notice to those who were inside the building and that those who were in close contact with the employee are being tested and have self-quarantined. The tours had said last week they would suspend play until late April or early May.The tournaments affected by the tours’ suspensions include combined men’s and women’s events in Madrid and Rome.Also being scrapped are upcoming WTA tournaments in Strasbourg, France, and Rabat, Morocco, along with ATP events in Munich; Estoril, Portugal; Geneva; and Lyon, France.Both tours also said that their rankings will be frozen “until further notice.”The International Tennis Federation also put a halt to its lower-tier events until June 7. Sankey says on a conference call with reporters that “practically that window’s pretty narrow.” The SEC and other conferences have canceled championships for spring sports and spring football games, and suspended athletic activities until at least April 15.“That doesn’t mean we’ll be back to normal practice activities April 16,” Sankey said.He also cited federal recommendations limiting the size of gatherings.___4:20 p.m. March 18, 2020 ___3 p.m.All training sessions at Belgian professional soccer clubs have been suspended until at least April 5 because of the coronavirus outbreak.Belgium’s national security council earlier said all gatherings, cultural, social, festive and sporting activities have been prohibited until the same date.The league says it will decide which matches can be rescheduled once training has resumed.center_img Gravina also says “a salary cut for soccer players can not be a taboo in this period of emergency.”___3:35 p.m.Clubs in the top two soccer leagues in Sweden say they do not want to start the new season until the beginning of June because of the coronavirus outbreak.The Swedish soccer association must now decide whether to accept the clubs’ request. 11:35 a.m.The IndyCar race in Long Beach, California, won’t be held this year.Officials with the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach said Wednesday they pursued the possibility of rescheduling the popular race to a later date, but “trying to reassemble all the elements that have made the Long Beach event such a success does not appear feasible for 2020.”The race had been scheduled for April 19.Next year’s date will be April 18. The season was due to start on the weekend of April 3-4.The clubs say in a statement that their decision is supported by broadcasters, fans and the country’s main supporters’ union.The clubs say “work remains on establishing a new plan for the year and sorting out the exact dates for the start and other rounds.”___3:30 p.m. 1 a.m.Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and pop star wife Ciara have announced they are donating 1 million meals through Seattle’s Food Lifeline to help provide meals for those in need during the coronavirus outbreak in the region.“Everything we do together makes a difference,” Ciara said in a video posted to her Twitter account. “And together we will conquer this tough time that we’re going through.”According to Food Lifeline’s website, the organization provides the equivalent of 134,000 meals daily and had 58 million pounds of food sourced last year.___ Premier League team Chelsea is making a hotel located on the grounds of its Stamford Bridge stadium available free of charge for London’s medical workers during the coronavirus outbreak.The club says Russian owner Roman Abramovich will cover the costs of providing the accommodation for staff of the National Health Service who “will be working long shifts and may not be able to travel home or would otherwise have to make long commutes.”Chelsea says the offer is initially for a two-month period and will be reconsidered depending on circumstances.The entire hotel will be given up for medical workers if necessary.___ 3:40 p.m.Italian sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora says the country’s top soccer league is likely to resume on May 3.Spadafora says “then we will evaluate whether it’s open to the public or not.”Italy was one of the first countries to suspend its soccer leagues because of the coronavirus outbreak.Italian soccer federation president Gabriele Gravina says starting on May 3 should allow the league to finish by June 30 but if that’s not possible “there must be a change in format.” The site states that all the money raised will be “directly donated to Humanitas to help strengthen the intensive care and emergency units of Milano, Bergamo, Castellanza and Torino’s hospitals.”Italy has been the second hardest hit country with more than 31,000 cases of the virus.The 38-year-old Ibrahimović rejoined Milan in January from the Los Anegles Galaxy. He has also played for Italian clubs Inter Milan and Juventus.___1:20 p.m. The league also says it will pay the second instalment of an 800,000 euro ($862,000) solidarity fund to amateur clubs to help them cushion the economic weight of the pandemic.___1:35 p.m.AC Milan forward Zlatan Ibrahimović has set up a fundraiser to help Italian hospitals in the center of the coronavirus outbreak.According to the website accepting donations, Ibrahimović has donated 100,000 euros ($109,000) to the fund. It quickly raised a further 10,300 euros ($11,300). 8:50 a.m.The Western Athletic Conference has canceled all competition and championships for the remainder of the academic year.The WAC had previously suspended all competition, but the conference’s board of directors voted Tuesday to cancel all spring sports. The decision falls in line with the NCAA’s cancellation of its winter and spring championships.The WAC’s decision affects men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s outdoor track and field, men’s and women’s tennis, softball and baseball.___ The national sports institute announced Wednesday that events would be put off at least until April 30.The official Prensa Latina news agency said that will push back the baseball season, which had been scheduled to start on April 11, as well as this month’s Cuba Cup of track and field.The institute also said that Cuban delegations won’t travel abroad — potentially affecting qualification for the Olympic and Paralympic games.Cuba has reported 10 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and one death, that of an Italian tourist.___ ___4:50 p.m.FIFA is looking to set up a hardship fund to help soccer stakeholders affected by the coronavirus outbreak.FIFA says it will “analyze if a support fund at global level will be required” and how it might operate.A conference call with the presidents of FIFA and the six continental governing bodies agreed to proposals made Tuesday by Gianni Infantino. Spanish soccer team Alavés says 15 people in its club have become infected with the coronavirus: three players, seven members of its coaching staff and five other employees.The club had already reported that two members of its staff were infected.Valencia and Espanyol said earlier this week that their clubs have also been hit by the virus.Valencia said Monday that 35% of its squad and coaching staff are infected, while Espanyol said on Tuesday that six members of its squad and staff have it.All three clubs say their infected members are in good health.last_img read more

Start reading The Latest: Cuba puts sports on hold until at least April 30

Wellington Fire/EMS incident report: Feb. 20- March 2, 2014

first_imgWellington Fire/EMS incident report for Feb. 20 to March 2, 20142/20   6:45 AM        Transfer to Wichita2/20   11:47 AM      Transfer to Wichita2/20   2:45 PM        Transfer to Wichita2/20   4:18 PM        Diesel Spill                            Kansas Turnpike2/20   11:00 PM      Medical Trauma                 400 N. West Road2/21   12:50 AM      Lift Assist                               1500 block N. Poplar2/21   4:34 AM        Medical Trauma                 200 block E. 15th2/21   6:33 PM        Vehicle Accident                 200 block N. Hoover2/22   9:04 AM        Grass Fire                              700 block N. West Road2/22   10:05 AM      Medical Emergency           300 block E. 17th2/22   12:44 PM      Medical Trauma                 600 block N. Washington2/22   3:15 PM        Grass Fire                              900 block E. 10th Ave.2/22   5:06 PM        Medical Emergency           1500 block N. Poplar2/22   5:29 PM        Lift Assist                               300 block E. 12th2/22   7:56 PM        Transfer to Wichita2/23   4:44 AM        Vehicle Accident                 1700 block E. US 1602/23   8:02 AM        Medical Trauma                 1000 block N. Washington2/24   8:25 AM        Medical Emergency           200 block North C2/24   10:47 AM      Medical Trauma                 200 block E. Lincoln2/24   1:58 PM        Natural Gas Leak                1300 block E. Lincoln2/24   2:45 PM        Transfer to Wichita2/24   6:07 PM        Transfer to Wichita2/24   6:12 PM        Lift Assist                               500 block W. Harvey2/24   9:02 PM        Investigate propane odor 800 block E. 16th2/24   9:38 PM        Transfer to Wichita2/25   3:33 AM        Medical Trauma                 500 block N. Plum2/25   4:54 AM        Medical Emergency           1300 block N. Stewart2/25   6:44 AM        Medical Emergency           200 block E. 70th Street2/25   10:12 AM      Medical Emergency           500 block W. Harvey2/25   8:18 PM        Medical Emergency           500 block N. Plum2/26   1:22 PM        Medical Emergency           200 block North B2/26   4:46 PM        Medical Emergency           Perth2/26   3:54 PM        Grass Fire                              Hargis Creek Dam2/27   12:54 AM      Medical Trauma                 1400 block Michigan2/27   10:54 AM      Transfer to Wichita2/27   2:04 PM        Medical Emergency           500 block South H2/27   4:51 PM        Transfer to Wichita2/27   10:21 PM      Medical Emergency           200 block W. 17th2/27   10:51 PM      Transfer to Wichita2/27   11:38 PM      Medical Emergency           Kansas Turnpike2/28   9:21 AM        Medical Trauma                 400 block South C2/28   4:11 PM        Medical Emergency           Kansas Turnpike2/28   6:51 PM        Medical Emergency           Kansas Turnpike2/28   10:40 PM      Transfer to Wichita3/1      3:25 AM        Medical Emergency           1200 block North C3/1      6:30 AM        Standby for SWAT               400 block E. Harvey3/1      7:34 AM        Medical Emergency           Kansas Turnpike3/1      8:41 AM        Injury Accident                    900 block E. 10th Avenue3/1      10:35 AM      Medical Emergency           2000 block E. 16th3/1      12:20 PM      Medical Trauma                 400 block South C3/1      3:00 PM        Medical Alarm                     1400 block N. Jefferson3/1      5:05 PM        Vehicle Accident                 Kansas Turnpike3/1      5:18 PM        Vehicle Accident                 300 block N. US 813/1      6:10 PM        Injury Accident                    Kansas Turnpike3/1      6:14 PM        Injury Accident                    Kansas Turnpike3/1      8:22 PM        Injury Accident                    Kansas Turnpike3/1      9:37 PM        Transfer to Wichita3/2      12:21 AM      Medical Emergency           1000 block ShadyLane3/2      8:43 AM        Transfer to Wichita3/2      4:19 PM        Medical Emergency           200 block North F3/2      6:29 PM        Alarm Activation                 1300 block N. Cherry3/2      7:23 PM        Medical Emergency           Kansas Turnpike3/2      8:00 PM        Transfer to Wichita3/2      8:07 PM        Medical Emergency           1300 block N. Stewart3/2      9:38 PM        Medical Emergency           800 block South Hlast_img read more

Start reading Wellington Fire/EMS incident report: Feb. 20- March 2, 2014

Take Ian Links in the fourth

first_img FIRST SUPER-6 FANCIES With CAPTAIN GRANVILLE (21-1) and ZEEVA (10-1) scoring notable upsets at Caymanas Park last Saturday, the Pick-9 had no takers and the carry-over to tomorrow stands at $3.6 million. This should ensure a Pick-9 payout in excess of $5 million. Both Super-6s on the other hand were cornered and start anew with guaranteed minimums of $750,000. The Pick-9 will embrace races three to 11, the first Super-6 from race one to six, the late Super-6 from race six to 11. We look at the first Super-6, which gets under way with a $450,000-$400,000 claiming race over the straight five course to be contested by six starters. Despite the small field, the race promises keen competition, what with the presence of last Saturday’s course winner, ZEEVA, ROCKETEER, FRANKENSTOR and OFFICIAL REPORT, who has beaten better in the not too distant past. Trained by Philip Lee, OFFICIAL REPORT last won over this trip via the Stewards’ Room last August on the disqualification of WOMAN IS BOSS in overnight allowance company and with a mere 48.0kg with apprentice Javaniel Patterson aboard, gets the nod over FRANKENSTORM and ZEEVA. Next on the programme is a maiden condition race for four-year-olds and up, which will more than likely come down to a straight fight between BIG BUCK with apprentice Jerome Innis and MR. TOPPER TOP MAN with in-form Aaron Chatrie aboard. Both finished second and third, respectively, behind FREE RANGE over 1200 metres last Saturday, but with Chatrie replacing female apprentice Andree Powell aboard the Donovan Plummer-trained MR. TOPPER TOP MAN, he should reverse the placings as only three-quarter length separated them at the finish. (1) OFFICIAL REPORT/FRANKENSTORM (20 MR. TOPPER TOP MAN/BIG BUCK (3) GENUINE FRIEND/EXPLOSIVE PRINCESS (4) IAN LINKS (5) RAY RAY/NO MONEY FRIEND (6) UNCLE G/LEGAL ACCOUNT The useful but unpredictable GENUINE FRIEND, with 3.0kg claiming apprentice Odean Edwards aboard, is weighed to win the third race over 1200 metres for five-year-olds and up. The 6-y-o mare from the stables of Linton Calder has come down 4.0kg in the weights and if getting it right at the start, should win from the front running EXPLOSIVE PRINCESS with top jockey Dane Nelson up and SEMPER FIDELIS in a field of 11. IAN LINKS, who beat all barring the promising SOL SENOR over 1400 metres in March 5, should go one better in the fourth race over a mile – for maiden three-year-olds – with former champion Omar Walker riding for 15-time champion trainer Wayne DaCosta. MR DOITBETTA and HEY CHAMP are twin dangers in a 14-strong field. Briefly, the last two races in the first Super-6 should be won by RAY RAY (Oneil Beckford up) and down in class UNCLE G with apprentice Patterson aboard. Their respective dangers are NO MONEY FRIEND and LEGAL ACCOUNT. USEFUL BUT UNPREDICTABLElast_img read more

Start reading Take Ian Links in the fourth

E-mails sent by university

first_img“The university community is urged to be cautious and are asked to contact Virginia Tech Police if you observe anything suspicious or with information on the case. Contact Virginia Tech Police at 231-6411 “Stay attuned to the www.vt.edu. We will post as soon as we have more information.” 9:45 a.m.: First 911 call about the second shooting at Norris Hall. E-mail sent at 9:50 a.m.: Subject: PLease stay put Timeline and text of e-mails sent out Monday by Virginia Tech to students and staffers after the first 911 call at 7:15 a.m. reporting a shooting in West Ambler Johnston dormitory: E-mail sent at 9:26 a.m.: Subject: Shooting on campus. “A shooting incident occurred at West Amber Johnston earlier this morning. Police are on the scene and are investigating. “A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows” Third e-mail sent at 10:16 a.m.: Subject: All Classes Canceled; Stay where you are “Virginia Tech has canceled all classes. Those on campus are asked to remain where there are, lock their doors and stay away from windows. Persons off campus are asked not to come to campus.” Fourth e-mail sent at 10:52 a.m.: Subject: Second Shooting Reported; Police have one gunman in custody “In addition to an earlier shooting today in West Ambler Johnston, there has been a multiple shooting with multiple victims in Norris Hall. “Police and EMS are on the scene. “Police have one shooter in custody and as part of routine police procedure, they continue to search for a second shooter.”160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Start reading E-mails sent by university