Profar is sent to San Diego in exchange for 25-year-old catcher Austin Allen. Allen, a left-handed bat, played in 34 games in 2018.This news comes on the heels of the Padres trading once top prospect Luis Urias and more to the Brewers for pitcher Zach Davies. San Diego’s options at second base next season are limited, but include veteran Ian Kinsler. MORE: Three teams that should trade for Pirates’ Starling MarteProfar, a one-time super prospect, came up with the Rangers as a 19-year-old in 2012, and is reunited with former Rangers front office member A.J. Preller in San Diego. After a few years of unreached expectations, stints in the minors and injuries, Profar was sent to the Athletics in December 2018.Profar played in 139 games for the Athletics in 2019, slashing .218/.301/.410 with 20 homers on the season, playing the majority of his games at second base. Jurickson Profar is on the move once again.The 26-year-old infielder, who was traded to the Athletics from the Rangers last offseason, has been shipped to the Padres, according to Robert Murray, formerly of the Athletic.
The phones were equipped to display the location of a user’s handset on a map, limit when and how the phone was used, and limit expenditures. The company said it became clear it would have to invest far more in the product to boost sales than could be justified. Exclusive deals cut between large retailers and mobile carriers made it too hard for Disney to get its product in front of customers, the company said. “It became obvious that the cost of continuing became greater than we wanted to bear,” Disney spokesman John Spelich said. The company would not say how many subscribers it had or whether there would be a write-off associated with ending the stand-alone operation. About 120 workers could lose their jobs, although Disney is working to place them elsewhere in the company. It’s the second failure of Disney in the highly competitive mobile phone industry. Disney dropped its ESPN-branded cell phone service last year after it did not prove profitable. The company shifted the content developed for the service to Verizon Wireless.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Burbank-based Disney said customers liked the product that allowed parents to determine the location of a child carrying a phone, but that it was having problems getting the phone into large retailers. “We decided that changing strategies was a better alternative to pursue profitable growth in the mobile services area,” Steve Wadsworth, president of the Walt Disney Internet Group, said in a statement. The company will end sales immediately and service the handsets through December. Disney is talking to major cell phone carriers about offering some of its most popular services, such as tracking the location of phone users. Disney subscribers bought special handsets for their children and the service provided Disney ring tones, video and other branded content. The service used Sprint Nextel Corp.’s network. RETAIL: Company says sales will stop now, but mobiles will remain active through Dec. 31. By Gary Gentile THE ASSOCIATED PRESS The Walt Disney Co. will pull the plug on its branded cell phone service by Dec. 31, the company said Thursday.