In an interviewwith Don Dolido over DyFM Bombo Radyo Iloilo’s “Bombohanay sa Udto”program, Cacho denied that he categorically accused the said powercompanies of conniving with each other to sabotage PECO. Kintanar furtherexplained that their team tried to put back the plant online but the unstablegrid voltage caused delays in starting the plant’s auxiliaries, ultimatelyaffecting the start-up of the power plant unit. Unfortunately,Unit 3 also tripped off due to an imbalance in the boiler. For its part,PCPC, owner of the CFBC Power Plant in Concepcion, Iloilo, clarified that theirplant was hit by an unplanned outage caused by an external grid event. He admitted thatit was just speculation, saying, “We can only speculate. As ofnow, speculation lang na ang saamon.” “Nobody wantedthis to happen. The negative impact caused by the power outage affected notonly our power consumers but also us in PCPC. We want to assure all ourcustomers that we will continue to work tirelessly to deliver our commitment ofa stable power supply,” said Kintanar. ILOILO City – Aday after Panay Energy Development Corp. (PEDC), the National Grid Corp. of thePhilippines (NGCP) and Palm Concepcion Power Corp. (PCPC) issued clarificatorystatements about the twin blackouts in Panay Island last week, Panay ElectricCo. (PECO) denied accusing rival MORE Electric and Power Corp. (MORE Power) ofpower of sabotage and black propaganda. “The drop in gridvoltage caused by the trip of the power plant in Iloilo City resulted in anautomatic trip of our plant. This is a protective system meant to preventmajor damage to our facility,” said PCPC Operations and Maintenance (O&M)head, Engineer Albin Kintanar, in a statement. For his part,MORE Power pesident Roel Castro expressed disappointment in PECO. Je added: “Giventhe sad state of their system plus a master electrician running the operations,there is no need for a sabotage for the extended blackout to happen.”/PN In a report,PECO’s head of Public Engagement and Government Affairs Marcelo Cacho wasquoted as saying, “The coal plant shutdown and the almost-simultaneous polefires in different areas of Iloilo make me wonder if there’s somethinghappening behind the scenes, or is this sabotage by those who want to ease usout of Iloilo to force our hand to give up?” To recall, PECOin press releases early this week described the power outages that hit IloiloCity on Oct. 29 and 30 as highly irregular. The tripping alsocaused critical issues in the boiler and turbine of the Concepcion plant; thiscaused the plant to get back online in three and a half days. Global BusinessPower Corp. (GBPC). for its part. explained that the Oct. 29 power outage was atechnical problem which caused Unit 1 of PEDC’s coal-fired power plant to tripoff. PECO then notedthat Roel Castro, president of MORE Power, used to head PCPC. NGCP, on theother hand, explained that the Oct. 30 blackout was due to the trippingof the submarine cable connecting Negros to Panay islands. Normalcy wasrestored though after two hours, thus adding it was not their fault if IloiloCity suffered a 12-hour power blackout. The widespreadpower outage occurred when power distributorship in Iloilo is being contestedin the courts by franchise-less PECO and franchise holder MORE Power. With this, PEDC’sUnit 2 as well as Unit 3 started up by around 10 p.m. on Oct. 29. “Just provefactually and objectively there was sabotage. Prove before making anystatement,” said Castro.
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) – West Indies will be seeking to rediscover their once lethal batting prowess, as they go in search of an all-important series-levelling victory in the second Twenty20 International of the four-match series here today.The Caribbean side, who easily chased down an imposing 193 to reach the T20 World Cup final almost a year ago, have in recent times become almost unrecognisable and have looked a shadow of the unit that won the title in that tournament with awesome power-hitting, in a dramatic last over.Gone is the bluster, the brawn and the swagger that have come to characterise West Indies T20 teams, replaced now with timidity and uncertainty, reflected in scores of 115, 144, 103 and 111 in their last four outings.In last Sunday’s opener at Kensington Oval in Barbados, the Windies slumped from 35 for one to strife at 49 for six in the 11th over after being asked to bat, a scenario captain Carlos Brathwaite said yesterday needed to be rectified.“(Against) Pakistan (last year) we found ourselves 20 for three and 20 for four at the end of the first six (overs),” he told reporters here ahead of the contest at Queen’s Park Oval.“We’ve progressed to (being) 34 for one (in the last game) which we were happy with at the end of the six (overs) and now it’s just a matter of understanding what we did well in the first six, replicating that, but then taking it a step further and progressing between (overs) six and 14 as well, which has always been a problem area for West Indies but one which we are addressing.“We are doing it in stages. Again, we’ve conquered the first six in our opinion and it’s just a matter of getting six to 14 right. If we can have the first six, the last six and then be a lot better between six and 14, we are sure we can put up 150-plus and that would give us a better fighting chance when we go to bowl.”West Indies were dominated by Pakistan last September, crashing to a 3-0 whitewash in the United Arab Emirates, but had banked on reversing the trend on home soil.Instead the poor results have continued on the current tour and not even the presence of the world-rated spin twin of Sunil Narine and Samuel Badree could have prevented Pakistan taking a 1-0 lead in the series with a six-wicket win.“I don’t think we put enough runs on the board and as a result of that, Pakistan’s batsmen were able to play (without pressure),” Brathwaite said in reference to Sunday’s opening loss.“We played into their hands basically where they could have nudged the ones and the twos and not be under pressure to score and play the power shots. I think that negatively affected Badree and Sunil’s game plans which as we all know, they are a lot more difficult to score boundaries off of than just rotating (strike).“So once the batters can put a decent total on the board of 150 upwards, they will come into their own even more with batsmen having to be more attacking towards them.”All eyes will be on 18-year-old leg-spinner Shadab Khan who was sensational on debut, grabbing four wickets in four overs which cost a mere seven runs.Brathwaite said West Indies had formulated their plans on how to combat the young bowler, and were looking towards an improved performance.The remaining games in the series will be played on Saturday and Sunday here.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is reportedly keen to join United but only if Louis van Gaal is not there 1 There is a rumour doing the rounds claiming Zlatan Ibrahimovic is interested in joining Man United next season, but only if manager Louis van Gaal isn’t there.The striker has a strained relationship with Van Gaal, which stretches back to their time together at Ajax where the Dutchman was technical director and was described as a ‘pompous ass’ by Ibrahimovic.However, the PSG man also previously explained that working with people he does not get on with it is not a problem as he is a professional.Anthony Martial said he is keen to link up with the player and here is what Man United fans have said on Twitter when the latest Ibrahimovic news surfaced.POSSIBLE IBRAHIMOVIC REPLACEMENTS AT PSG