Tag: 上海哪有快餐男人懂得

Narine grabs two wickets with new action in comeback

first_imgPORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC):West Indies off-spinner Sunil Narine made his highly anticipated return to competitive cricket in Trinidad Saturday, as he continued his comeback from a career-threatening international ban.Boasting a remodelled action, the 27-year-old captured two for 37 in a 10-over spell as his domestic club Queen’s Park beat Clarke Road by 32 runs at Wilson Road in the opening round of the 50-overs championship.He was watched by Trinidad and Tobago Red Force head coach, Gus Logie, along with national coach Kelvin Williams.”They were very happy with the fact that during his last few overs he got back his pace on the deliveries, so all in all it was a good day for him,” Queen’s Park coach David Furlonge told The Guardian newspaper here.Narine had not bowled competitively since being forced out of the Bangladesh Premier League last November, with the announcement of the International Cricket Council (ICC) ban.He was reported during West Indies’ series against Sri Lanka and subsequent tests showed that his action was exceeding the 15-degree level of tolerance permitted under ICC regulations.The Trinidadian has since undergone rehabilitation on his action and is scheduled to be tested at the Loughborough University in England next month, to determine if he is fit to return to international cricket.Narine was last week named in a West Indies 15-man squad for the Twenty20 World Cup starting in India in March.However, his place will only be confirmed once his action is deemed legal following the Loughborough test.- CMClast_img read more

Start reading Narine grabs two wickets with new action in comeback

Miner slapped with break and enter, simple larceny charges

first_imgA miner of Lot 23 Friendship, East Bank Demerara, was slapped with charges of break and enter and simple larceny and appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Anthony Lall pleaded not guilty to the first charge which stated that between September 13 and October 3, 2016, he broke and entered the dwelling of Shonelle Douglas, stealing a television and a gas bottle, totalling $115,000.The second charge stated that Lall stole two 500-gallon black tanks valued $60,000 from Douglas around the same time; he also pleaded not guilty to this charge.Police prosecutor Deniro Jones stated that Douglass secured her house between September 13 and October 3, 2016, and left, however, upon her return she noticed the said items missing.Jones added that Douglas made a report, after which ranks investigated and caught Lall with the items in his possession.Lall explained to the court that he did not steal the tanks but that they were given to him to sell. He said he told Police where the man resided who gave him the items but no investigations were done.The unrepresented defendant was placed on $25,000 bail altogether. The matter was transferred to the Providence Magistrate’s Court where Lall is scheduled to appear on October 18, 2016.last_img read more

Start reading Miner slapped with break and enter, simple larceny charges