Category: bjuoquxe

Mexico’s leader says in video he’s recovering from COVID-19

first_imgMEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has posted a video of himself walking slowly through his offices and talking for 13 minutes straight, saying he is recovering from COVID-19. López Obrador has not been holding his famous, hours-long daily press conferences for the first time since he took office in December 2018, and he evidently misses the opportunity to talk. The president has been in isolation since testing positive for the coronavirus over the weekend. He said in the video posted Friday: “The doctors tell me I am getting through the critical stage. I am doing well.” He has been receiving treatment at his apartment in the colonial-era National Palace, where he also has offices.last_img

Start reading Mexico’s leader says in video he’s recovering from COVID-19

Norm Lewis & Sierra Boggess to Headline Phantom on Broadway

first_img from $29.00 Related Shows Tony nominee Norm Lewis is set to make history when he takes on the title role in The Phantom of the Opera, becoming the first African-American actor to play the role on Broadway. Lewis will star opposite Sierra Boggess, in her return to the New York production. The two stars, who previously played underwater father and daughter in The Little Mermaid on Broadway, will both begin performances on May 12, replacing Hugh Panaro and Mary Michael Patterson, respectively.Lewis has named The Phantom as his dream role for years. “That’s one of my roles that I always wanted to play,” Lewis told Broadway.com’s Paul Wontorek on Show People, “and it’s really now to set a precedent. It doesn’t even have to be me, but there’s never been an African American to play that role except Robert Guillaume, but never one on Broadway.” [In 1990, Tony nominee Guillaume played the role when he succeeded original star Michael Crawford in the L.A. production.] “Out of 25 years [on Broadway], I’d love to see an African American play that.””I am so honored and giddy with excitement to bring Christine to life again opposite my dearest Norm,” said Boggess, who was recently praised by Phantom composer Andrew Lloyd Webber as “the best Christine.” Boggess added, “This is a moment in time I don’t want to miss!” When asked about playing The Phantom opposite his former onstage daughter, Lewis told Broadway.com, “I’m not going to say the word, but it would add an extra element to that role.”Lewis, who received a Tony nomination for Porgy and Bess, has also appeared on Broadway in Miss Saigon, The Who’s Tommy, Chicago, Side Show, The Wild Party, Amour, Les Miserables, Sondheim on Sondheim and The Little Mermaid. His film and TV credits include Scandal, All My Children and Les Miserables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary. Boggess won the 2013 Broadway.com Audience Choice Award for Favorite Replacement for playing Christine on Broadway, a role she previously played in Las Vegas and in both the London and New York 25th anniversary productions of the show. She also originated the role in Phantom’s London sequel Love Never Dies, for which she received an Oliver Award nomination. She made her Broadway debut as Ariel in The Little Mermaid (for which she won a Broadway.com Audience Choice Award). Her credits also included Master Class on Broadway and Les Miserables in the West End.The Phantom of the Opera, Broadway’s longest-running show, continues its record-breaking run at the Majestic Theatre. Along with Panaro and Patterson, Phantom currently stars Jeremy Hays as Raoul, Laird Mackintosh as Monsieur Andre, Tim Jerome as Monsieur Firmin, Michele McConnell as Carlotta, Ellen Harvey as Madame Giry, Christian Sebek as Piangi and Deanna Doyle as Meg Giry. Sierra Boggess The Phantom of the Operacenter_img Star Files Norm Lewis View Commentslast_img read more

Start reading Norm Lewis & Sierra Boggess to Headline Phantom on Broadway

NextEra outlines plans to convert two Gulf Power coal units to gas

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享S&P Global Market Intelligence ($):NextEra Energy Inc. said it plans to combine its flagship utility Florida Power & Light Co. with recently acquired Gulf Power Co. into a single electric operating system starting in 2022.The two utilities would be integrated after the North Florida Resiliency Connection project, a 176-mile, 161-kV transmission line connecting Gulf Power’s service territory in the Florida panhandle with FPL’s customers in the state’s northeast, comes online, the subsidiaries said in a joint April 2 filing on their 10-year site plan with the Florida Public Service Commission.According to the site plan, the NextEra units will focus on decarbonizing Gulf Power’s generation fleet through several changes, including solar additions and converting two coal-fired units to natural gas “that will significantly improve its emission profile.”“As a result, after accounting for these planned changes to generating units in both FPL’s and Gulf’s areas, the clean energy percentage for the larger integrated FPL and Gulf utility system is projected to climb to approximately 99%” by 2029, the utilities said.Gulf Power owns one coal plant outright, the 924-MW Crist plant in Florida’s Escambia County, and shares ownership in two other plants with utility affiliates of its former parent company, Southern Co.[Ellen Meyers]More ($): NextEra resource plan links FPL, Gulf Power, uses single name NextEra outlines plans to convert two Gulf Power coal units to gaslast_img read more

Start reading NextEra outlines plans to convert two Gulf Power coal units to gas

Nigerian Soldiers Dance ‘Skelewu’

first_imgSoldiers in Maiduguri, the embattled capital of Borno state, which has been under constant siege by Boko Haram, celebrate Nigeria’s election to music by Nigerian recording artist DavidoSoldiers, doing their own line dance, celebrated Nigeria’s successful democratic election, in which some 30 million people cast ballots, with a spirited moves to the music of popular recording artist Davido – a 2013 song called “Skelewu”. The song took off after Davido announced a dance competition, endorsed by footballers Emmanuel Adebayor and Samuel Eto’o and rising to the top rungs of African music charts.Despite what analysts say were minor flaws – a few malfunctions of fraud-prevention voting technology – and scattered intimidation and violence, the voting in Africa’s most populous country and largest economy defied predictions of chaos. This clip was provided by a contact in Maiduguri.The meaning of the slang word ‘skewelu’, debated among Nigerians, is variously said to refer to money, love or elation. Whether the soldiers elated version sets off a new dance craze or not, it indicates the high expectations that the incoming administration of President Muhammadou Buhari will face, amid a sea of challenges.https://youtu.be/LIKH0IlBGdc.last_img read more

Start reading Nigerian Soldiers Dance ‘Skelewu’

Trump declares coronavirus nat’l emergency

first_imgWASHINGTON – United States PresidentDonald Trump announced a national state of emergency on Friday, freeing up $50billion in federal funds for the battle against the coronavirus pandemic as hevowed to “vastly” ramp up testing capacity. US President Donald Trump holds a press conference on COVID-19 in the Rose Garden of the White House on March 13, 2020. AFP “To unleash the full power of thefederal government, I’m officially declaring a national emergency,” Trumptold a news conference on the White House lawn. “The next eight weeks arecritical,” he said. “We can learn and we will turn a corner on thisvirus.” Trump called on all US states to set upemergency operation centers and said the government was partnering with theprivate sector to “vastly increase and accelerate our capacity totest” for the virus, amid criticism about a lack of test kits nationwide.(AFP)last_img read more

Start reading Trump declares coronavirus nat’l emergency

Lady Bulldogs Drop Close Match With Lady Pirates

first_imgThe Batesville Girls Varsity Tennis team lost a close match to Greensburg, 3-2 on Tuesday.#1 Singles- Lydia Olsen was defeated by Danielle Shroeder 6-4, 1-6, 4-6.#2 Singles- Erin Longstreth defeated Courtney Nelson 6-2, 6-4.#3 Singles- Julia Hunter was defeated by Sydney Reynolds 7-5, 6-7(1), 0-6.#1 Doubles- Kelli Hartman and Brooke Bradford defeated Olivia Slusher and Caroline Pratt 6-1, 7-5.#2 Doubles- Karsen Worthington and Macy Simon were defeated by Tiffany Springmeyer were defeated by Tiffany Springmeyer and Abigail Bailey 2-6, 6-1, 2-6.In JV action, Batesville beat Greensburg 8-1.Alana Pinckley and Rachael Rose both won two singles matches and also combined for a doubles win. The doubles teams Anna Kick/Grace Heppner and Jenna Harmeyer/Audrey Weigel both won two matches each.The varsity is now 2-1 on the season (2-1 EIAC) and the JV is 3-0. The Bulldogs will host South Dearborn at 4:30 on Thursday at BHS.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Mike McKinney.last_img read more

Start reading Lady Bulldogs Drop Close Match With Lady Pirates

Metamora man faces Tennessee competency hearing in murder of little girl

first_imgCocke County, Tenn. — A Metamora man will face competency hearing in a case involvi9ng the murder of a 2-year-old girl in Newport, Tennessee.On September 18 a Cocke County judge will determine if Bobby Scott Pennington, 25, is competent to face trial for first degree murder and child abuse. The charges result from a July 2015 incident when Pennington was watching the children while the mother was away at work.If convicted Pennington could serve a mandatory life sentence in prison.last_img

Start reading Metamora man faces Tennessee competency hearing in murder of little girl

De Bruyne is phenomenal – Kompany

first_img “There’s a lot of hunger in this team, a lot of desire to do well and the first hour on Monday was exceptional. “We have shown what we can do and what every manager will say now is why not do it every game? “So far it’s a 100 per cent record but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” The City captain believes his Belgium team-mate would give the side an extra edge if they finally strike a deal with Wolfsburg. De Bruyne has been linked with a move to the Etihad this summer as City look to tempt him back to the Barclays Premier League. Kompany has played alongside former Chelsea midfielder De Bruyne for their country and knows first hand what an influence he would be as City look to improve their squad. “Let me put it this way, he’s definitely not going to make the team weaker. He’s a phenomenal player,” he said. “Our squad can become stronger by getting everyone in the right direction. “We had so many players – and I was one of them, especially at the end of last season – who didn’t perform and if they do then it’s like having six or seven new players. Then we do have a stronger squad. “Players like Raheem (Sterling) and (Fabian) Delph, from what I’ve seen, will give us something different.” City host Chelsea on Sunday in an early clash between the title rivals after Monday’s 3-0 win at West Brom, where Kompany scored their third goal. Victory would be an early marker in the title race but Kompany is content to let others take the spotlight after finishing runners-up to Chelsea last season. “We are happy to let all the other ones be the favourites, for us it’s a different position to be in and maybe a good challenge for the team to take on,” said the 29-year-old. Vincent Kompany insists Kevin De Bruyne would be a phenomenal signing for Manchester City. Press Associationlast_img read more

Start reading De Bruyne is phenomenal – Kompany

Marko Grujic set for Liverpool switch announce Red Star Belgrade

first_img Press Association Red Star Belgrade have announced they have accepted a £5.1million bid from Liverpool for their teenage midfielder Marko Grujic. The Serbian club claimed to have received three offers for the 19-year-old, from Belgian club Anderlecht, German side Stuttgart and the Barclays Premier League Reds. In a statement posted on their official website they revealed they had “unanimously accepted the offer of the English giants”, and had agreed a package that would see Grujic remain with them on loan until the summer. center_img Red Star said: “The board considered the offer and unanimously accepted the offer of the English giants. Liverpool will pay the money immediately, and the player would stay in Red Star until 01/07/2016.” Grujic came through the academy system at Red Star and has represented Serbia at various youth levels, although he is yet to earn his first senior cap. He could become Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp’s first signing at Anfield after the German took the reins in October, and Red Star insist the financial issues at the club meant they had to accept the Reds’ offer for Grujic. The Serbian club, for whom the likes of Nemanja Vidic, Dejan Stankovic and Nikola Zigic have all played for, nearly went out of business 18 months ago and expect the sale of Grujic to ease their financial concerns. Their statement added: “Red Star Belgrade in the last 10 days received three formal offer for the transfer of our player Marko Grujic, from Anderlecht – two million, of Stuttgart – five million, of Liverpool we received an offer worth seven million euros and 10 percent of the next transfer. “All in Red Star sincerely want to see Marko Grujic playing in our uniform for the next 10 years, but the financial situation of our club dictates the adoption of a different decision.” As well as negotiating a 10 per cent sell-on fee, Red Star also revealed they met Grujic’s father’s wish to see him stay in Belgrade on a loan deal until the summer. “Marko Grujic should go to a player that continues to develop in one of the biggest clubs in the world; the club is probably the dream of every player on the planet,” Red Star’s statement said. “We are convinced, just like the people from Liverpool, Marko Grujic has the quality for a great club and that in England he can make a great career.” last_img read more

Start reading Marko Grujic set for Liverpool switch announce Red Star Belgrade

Football News Cristiano Ronaldo rested for Genoa clash after Champions League’s heroics

first_img“Everyone celebrated differently on Tuesday, there were 42,000 fans there and we could suspend them all (based on how they behaved),” he said.”We are not afraid of a suspension that will not happen.” Allegri can afford to drop Ronaldo in view of the Champions League quarters thanks to the 18-point lead his unbeaten side have at the top of Serie A ahead of their match with Genoa.Ronaldo is facing rape allegations dating from 2009. In the latest development in the case, Las Vegas police requested a DNA sample as part of their investigation. Ronaldo says he had a consensual relationship with a former model who lodged a complaint claiming she was raped at his hotel suite. Juventus team will miss the duties of Cristiano Ronaldo. Cristiano Ronaldo helped Juventus to reach Champions League’s quarterfinals. Ronaldo will also be seen playing for the national side; Portugal after a gap of nine months.  For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights New Delhi: Juventus will miss the duties of striker Cristiano Ronaldo to their trip to Genoa. Cristiano Ronaldo, earlier helped Juventus reach Champions League quarter-final, netting a hat-trick in the second leg against Atletico. The Series A team, who was two down was overturned by him to help the aggregate score look 3-2 in his team’s favor. The coach Massimiliano said that the team doesn’t want to risk him in the next game, and in lieu of that, they have decided to rest him. He further said that before coming to this call he discussed the same with Ronaldo to which he agreed. “I’m leaving him at home, he had played a lot and he needs to rest. Right now it would be too risky to play him,” Allegri told reporters.”I don’t need to convince him. We spoke about it yesterday, I explained my point regarding the fixtures between now and the (Champions League) quarterfinals and he agreed.” Juve will take on Ajax next month after Ronaldo scored a sensational hat-trick to overturn a two-goal first-leg deficit against Atletico midweek and win 3-2 on aggregate. The Portuguese openly taunted the Atleti fans in the stands during the post-match celebrations, but Allegri said he was not worried about UEFA banning his star player for the clash with the resurgent Dutch side.last_img read more

Start reading Football News Cristiano Ronaldo rested for Genoa clash after Champions League’s heroics